Welcome to British Swim School Manhattan
What Makes British Swim School Unique?
- Taught by a team of engaging and skilled aquatics professionals, we have an unparalleled rigorous technical program that ensures water safety and swim skills are properly imparted.
- Our instructors are lifeguard and CPR certified, but we go well beyond! British Swim School requires our instructors to undergo extensive online and in-water training that enables them to deliver the very best water survival and stroke development programs.
- Our water survival programs are tailored for children under 3 years and over 3 years to fit the specific needs of both age groups.
- No goggles – No floaties! Our students learn how to see and respond to their water environment to better know how to react if they get into trouble.
- From day 1, we teach children how to roll over from their front onto their backs, where they can rest, breathe, and call for help. This is key to survival and independence.
- We practice safe entry and safe exit from the pool wall – swimmers will not always have the luxury of stairs or ladders and we want them to know how to get themselves safely into and out of the water without assistance.
Enroll at any time!
Students can enroll at any point during the year and can start class immediately upon enrollment. Progression is based on individual advancement without pressure or constraints that term-based lesson plans impose. In this way, you won’t have a child advanced prematurely or held back at the end of a session.
We’re on a mission! Knowing how to swim is a critical life skill. Our mission is to ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer.