British Swim School’s primary mission is to provide an environment to help kids and their families stay safe and thrive. We continue to follow the updates provided from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding novel coronavirus in the United States, including recommendations for businesses to decrease the chance of spreading the virus.
We are working closely with each of our pool partners to ensure proper pool and facility sanitation measures are in place, which includes increased measures according to CDC guidelines. Additionally, our teams are following recommended precautions to avoid the spread of any viruses, which includes:
- Ensuring that all Instructors are washing and/or sanitizing their hands before each lesson
- Enforcing hand washing of all students before entering the pool
- Continuing to clean and sanitize all British Swim School equipment per our existing rigorous processes
- Collaborating with our pool partners to ensure that all pool and facility sanitation measures are in place, and adding additional measures where needed
A few of you have asked if the virus was able to spread through pools – yesterday, the CDC provided the following information via this link.
The majority of our swim schools are not planning to close our pools at this time but will continue to follow the advice of the CDC and state health departments as they are presented.
In the areas where the virus has experienced the most significant community spread, we will continue to follow the recommendations and restrictions set forth by state and local governments – and if necessary, will postpone operations temporarily, re-opening our doors as soon as we are advised to do so in a responsible manner. Our priority is the safety, health and well-being of our customers and our staff, so we continue to encourage everyone to continue practicing general virus prevention measures including:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly and oversee your children to ensure proper hand washing methods
- Avoid touching your face and handshaking with others
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get your flu shot – it’s never too late
- Stay home if you or your child is sick, or if another family member is sick. Call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
We will continue to clearly communicate with our British Swim School families about our ongoing efforts regarding the coronavirus.
The team at British Swim School