Your swim teacher is confident, skilled and works really hard to teach skills for you (or your kids) to master. Ultimately, your swim teacher is promoting water safety. May is National Water Safety Month, so it is the perfect time to show appreciation for all your swim instructor does for you.
Don’t know where to start? We’ve put together three different categories with ideas you can use to show your appreciation.
Say Thank You with Words
Don’t forget the lessons you learned as a child. Always use your manners and when you receive a gift (and swimming is a gift) write a note of thanks! You swim teacher will appreciate it and your mom would be proud of you, too!
- Make sure to say thank you after your lessons. This is very easy to do, but sometimes it is also easy to forget.
- Write a thank-you note for your teacher. Try using this opportunity to tell them how they have made an impact on you, even outside of swim lessons and in your daily life. Oftentimes, our swim instructors become much more than teachers. They can become your friends, mentors, and role models.
Say Thank You with Food
Get creative! A yummy snack is a great way to show your appreciation for your swim teacher. If you need some help, you can ask your instructor what kinds of foods they like to get some ideas. Or, you can use one of our water-themed suggestions below!
- Swedish Fish Gift – Show your thanks with a pail of Swedish Fish. This DIY gift is fun and easy, and will also show your swim teacher how much they mean to you! You can get instructions on how to make this gift here: Instructions
- Goldfish and M&M’s – This is another cute DIY gift that is sure to satisfy your desire to say thanks, and your instructors desire for a sweet & savory treat! You can find directions on how to make this gift here: Instructions
Say Thank You with Something Special
If you’d like to present your swim teacher with a personalized gift, these suggestions might be just what you are looking for.
- Embroidered Towels – There is no doubt that your swim instructor spends a fair amount of time in the water. They are constantly in need of more clean, dry towels. Pick up some fun beach towels and have their name embroidered on the end of the towel. They’ll think of you and smile every time they dry off!
- Swim SportWORDS – You can get the whole class or team involved in this clever, perfect end-of-season instructor appreciation gift. This decorative item is perfect to display on a desk or shelf. It comes with a silver paint pen that the whole team can use to sign their names for their swim instructor! You can get yours here: SwimSportWords
Whether you use your words, appeal to their taste-buds, or want to make a more lasting impression with a personalized gift – any of these gestures of appreciation will show your swim teacher just how much they mean to your and your children!