If you are looking for a job that is fun, exciting, fast-paced, involves sports, and teaching children new skills, then British Swim School is just what you’re looking for!
Since we started British Swim School has rapidly grown to the premier water survival and learn-to-swim school. Our mission is “To ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer”.
We offer part-time positions with flexible work schedules and hours. While this is not a seasonal position, we encourage and welcome students to apply! We understand school comes first and are more than willing to work around school schedules.
British Swim School Seattle
The positions we are currently hiring for are:
Swim Instructor/Water Safety Specialist
Become our next Water Safety Super Star!
British Swim School is Seattle’s premier water survival, learn-to-swim and stroke development program. We are looking for fun-loving, reliable individuals who love working with kids and are willing to learn.
What you will do
- Teach the British Swim School life saving and learn to swim methods to children as young as 3 mos to adult
- Each class is 30 mins long and you will teach different levels during your shift and the time goes by quickly
- You will inspire children and make a significant impact on thier lives!
- You will wear a swim suit and flip flops to work
- You will have fun
- Location- West Seattle at the West Seattle Health Club (They have an amazing pool!)
Why should you apply
- Structured, paid training
- Year-round employment with opportunity to grow and learn skills to help in your future career
- Paid Birthday Off
- $30 towards a wet suit to keep extra warm in the water
- Shifts between 3.5 and 4.5 hours and easy to schedule around school or other jobs – In West Seattle, the days are Tues/Thurs 3:15- 7:00 and Sundays 10:15-1:30 (or 2:00 if you want to help with Swim Team) Other days available in our other locations too.
- A FUN atmosphere and opportunity to leave a legacy in children’s lives
- We hire for trainers, management and customer service positions from within
- Medical and Dental benefits for 30+ per week
- Pools accessible with Public Transportation
What we need from you
- Love for swimming and working with kids
- Lots of energy and positive attitude
- Desire to learn. We will train you how to teach our methods
- Willing to become Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid certified within 3 months of being hired (we will help you with that)
- Eager to join a group who loves seeing growth and progress from their students
- Ability to swim all 4 strokes and swim team experience preferred.
British Swim School Seattle is growing fast, and we are excited to add to our team! Check us out at britishswimschool.com/seattle.