Do you remember the coach who inspired you? How about your favorite teacher? Try to think about what made them so amazing. British Swim School was founded in 1981 and offers Pittsburgh’s premier water survival, learn-to-swim and stroke development program. Our Swim Instructors have the opportunity to change someone’s life! Teaching a child how to save themselves in the water may inspire someone special to remember you as their favorite Coach.
- Flexible Schedule
- Structured, paid training
- Above average Pay and Bonus opportunities
- Periodic compensation reviews
- Growth Opportunities to achieve your goal
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits for working 25+ hours weekly
- Shifts between 3 and 5 hours and easy to schedule around school or other jobs
- Love for swimming
- Enjoy working with kids
- Comfortable communicating with adults and kids
- Willing to become CPR and Lifeguard certified within 6 months of being hired – will be reimbursed by us
- Eager to join a group who loves seeing growth and progress from their students
British Swim School Pittsburgh is a premier provider of swim lessons to infants, kids and adults, starting from three months. We proudly serve 11 areas around Pittsburgh, including North Hills, Robinson, Shadyside and Monroeville.
Job Type: Part-time
If you don’t like people or don’t like kids – then don’t read this posting! We are looking for Lovers of People and Children!
The British Swim School – Pittsburgh is looking for customer service pros as Deck Ambassadors for several locations in Pittsburgh.
- Do you just love interacting with people, especially young children and their parents?
- Are you a true people person, maybe even a social butterfly?
- Can you strike up a conversation with just about anyone?
- Do you really hate bad customer service and think you can do a better job than 99% of customer service reps you come across?
- Do you have an outgoing personality?
- Do you care about the safety of children and would love to help saving lives?
- Are you also organized, good at explaining things to others and overall just a nice and friendly person who can keep calm, even under stress?
Yes? – Then we absolutely want to talk to you about a position as a Deck Ambassador!
The British Swim School USA offers premium water-survival and learn-to-swim lessons out of indoor pools at residential buildings, gyms, community centers and hotels. We teach everyone from 3-month-old babies to adults.
We are currently looking to hire part time “Deck Ambassadors” for our new pool locations in the Pittsburgh Area.
A Deck Ambassador is a true people person who acts as our brand ambassador poolside and interacts with the parents while the kids are in the water getting lessons.
A Deck Ambassador’s key responsibilities, after a thorough training, are:
- Ensure that we provide our superb customer service in every interaction with students and parents – by understanding their concerns and delivering “Wow-Moments”
- Explain the several types of classes and levels that we offer to enroll parents
- Explain the British Swim School unique teaching method to newly enrolled parents
- Always be approachable and make eye contact with our customers
- Give facility tours to newly enrolled parents
- Get to know our regular customers quickly and greet the parents and children by name and with a smile
- Handle enrollment, scheduling and rescheduling requests and enter them into the computer system
- Check in new arrivals and mark no-shows in the system
- Ensure that all classes begin and end on time
- Conduct small “Happy Birthday” celebrations poolside for each kid who has a birthday during the week
- Engage parents in conversations while their children are getting lessons in the pool and assist them with their needs and concerns
- Explain a specific “Topic of the week” to the parents while the kids have lessons
- Be a leader – organize and conduct team meetings (huddles) with our swim instructors before lessons starts
- Be on time and hold other staff members accountable for timeliness and attire
- Firmly but politely make sure that all the safety rules are followed on deck
- Keep the registration table neat, clean and organized
- Make sure everyone leaves the facility happy
Our Deck Ambassadors act as Chief Happiness Officers at the pool
Through this, they play a key role in the experience of our swimming lessons. As an Ambassador, you can make a difference in a crying child or an uncomfortable parent. You are allowed a fantastic opportunity to build an impressionable relationship between our customers and the company.
Sometimes going the extra mile to help your team of swim instructors or help a parent at the pool even makes it a broad experience for you.
VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, AND MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS. OUR SHIFT HOURS ARE NORMALLY 4 to 5 hours shifts.
A TYPICAL WEEK CONSISTS OF 2 or 3 AFTERNOONS DURING THE WEEK AND ONE WEEKEND MORNING SHIFT, totaling up to between 12 and 16 hours per week. (There are also opportunities to get more hours.)
Once you are assigned to your shifts, they will remain the same week after week.
We are looking for exceptional people – and for this we pay above average compensation.
If this sounds like a position that you would enjoy and thrive at, then please send us your resume!