The Woods Community Center Pool
2130 The Woods Drive East Jacksonville, Florida 32246
We are happy to announce we are taking enrollments for summer swim lessons at The Woods Community Center. Lessons are for The Woods residents-only, with lessons beginning on June 7.
Please contact British Swim School at 904-902-2420 to enroll in our summer program.
- Location: The Woods Community Center Pool
- Dates: June 7 – August 11
- Ages: 3 months to Adults
- Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Lesson Times: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Program Duration: 10 weeks
- Program Pricing (10 weeks):
- Base lesson price: $22.50
- 1 lesson/week: $225 (10 total lessons)
- 2 lessons/week: $405 (20 total lessons – 10% discount)
- Membership/Enrollment Fee: $25
- Acclimation, survival skills and stroke development levels
- Each lesson is 30 minutes
- All lessons are group lessons:
- Survival Skills – 4 students/instructor
- Exception: Acclimation level for under 3-year-olds (6 students/parents per instructor)
- Stroke Development – 6 students/instructor
Registration & Scheduling
- Please contact British Swim School at 904-902-2420 to enroll in our summer program. Mention “The Woods Summer Program” when calling.
- Exact class times within your requested days/times will be communicated by May 31.
- To reserve your spot, we will require a $100 non-refundable deposit. Full payment for the summer program is due on May 25.
- Be prepared to indicate your preference for days/times for lessons:
- Tuesdays: 10:00-12:00
- Tuesdays: 12:00-2:00
- Thursdays: 10:00-12:00
- Thursdays 12:00-2:00
The British Swim School/Woods Summer Program is a 10-week series of lessons:
- Focus on water acclimation, survival skills and stroke development
- Each lesson is 30 minutes – classes will start and finish on time
- Focus on improving skills while having fun…a happy student is a better learner!
- We follow a specific lesson plan based on your student’s level
- Students will be assigned their initial class level based on prior swim experience, progressing through additional levels based on their mastery of the skills
- We celebrate each student accomplishing the goals of each level as they progress
- A parent or guardian must participate in the under 3-year-old lessons
- A parent or guardian is required to be present at the pool for each lesson
- Instructors – We cannot guarantee that your student will have the same instructor for each lesson. While we strive to keep instructors consistently scheduled for the same classes, circumstances will periodically require that we change instructors or provide a substitute depending on the situation.
- Opportunity to transition to our year-round lessons offered at LA Fitness – Atlantic/Kernan, following the conclusion of the summer program with no transfer fee. Your student can continue with their progressions!
What to Bring:
- Goggles – Goggles are NOT used in our survival level lessons. Goggles are recommended for stroke development levels only.
- Double Diapers – All students under 3-years-old should be double-diapered (disposable swim diaper + reusable diaper with elastic leg openings)
- We provide swim caps
- Given the limited duration of the summer program, makeups are not offered for missed lessons
- If lessons are canceled due to inclement weather, a make-up date will be scheduled or a refund issued dependent on scheduling/availability