Looking for swim lessons in the Johns Creek area? At British Swim School North East Atlanta, we offer swimming lessons with a strong focus on safety instruction to kids and adults of all ages in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Norcross, Duluth, and the surrounding areas. Available year-round, our swimming lessons integrate water safety into every session with fun activities and games that keep kids excited about learning and coming back for more.
Goal-Oriented Swim Lessons in Johns Creek
Interested in swimming lessons from British Swim School North East Atlanta, but not sure where to begin? We split our class levels by a combination of age and ability, and students advance automatically when they meet the goals of their current level. Here’s a brief overview of our program:
- Tadpole: This parent-assisted class for infants and toddlers 3-36 months old focuses on water acclimation, assisted back floating, and full gentle submersion.
- Swimboree: Swimmers who meet the goals of Tadpole move up to Swimboree. Also a “parent and me” class, goals for Swimboree include beginner water survival and the ability to separate from their parent.
- Seahorse: This class is for toddlers 18-36 months who meet the goals of Swimboree. Students work on independence in the water, including underwater rollovers and back floats.
- Starfish: This is our beginner class for kids three and up. Goals include full submersion, supported back floats, and basic water survival exercises used in later class levels.
- Minnow: Kids who meet the goals of Starfish move up to Minnow. Students focus on beginner water survival techniques and work on goals that include elementary backstroke, and safe entry and exit from the pool.
- Turtle 1 & 2: Students in Turtle 1 concentrate on advanced water survival, swim stroke basics, and side breathing. Turtle 2 classes focus on advanced stroke techniques and correct arm, leg, and breathing coordination. Goals include swimming backstroke and freestyle for 20 yards, and treading water for one minute.
- Shark 1 & 2: In Shark 1, students perfect their stroke technique and will be able to swim all four swim strokes for 25 yards when they are ready to advance. Shark 2 students increase speed and stamina in the water and will meet the goals of the class when they can swim 50 yards in all four swim strokes.
- Adult lessons: For ages 18 and up, we offer adult swimming lessons geared towards the abilities and goals of each student.
Ready to get started? Enroll in swim lessons with British Swim School North East Atlanta today by calling (770) 400-9663. Our swim lessons are available to kids and adults of all ages and abilities in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Norcross, Duluth, and the surrounding GA communities.