Adult Swimming Classes in Livingston and Clifton
Are you thinking about enrolling in adult swimming group classes, but not sure what to expect? British Swim School in Livingston and Clifton is here to help. Our swimming classes are held year-round in heated indoor pools conveniently located for adults at the New York Sports Clubs (39 W. Northfield Road / Livingston) and Clifton Sports & Fitness Club (199 Scoles Ave. / Clifton).
With a pool temperature of 81-85 degrees, you’ll be warm and comfortable before, during, and after your swimming class. We also keep our class sizes small, allowing our experienced instructors to give you one-on-one instruction in the areas you need the most. We offer 3 levels, one for BEGINNERS, one for INTERMEDIATE and one for ADVANCED swimmers.
What will you need for your first adult swimming class? At British Swim School we recommend that our students bring the following gear:
- Swimwear – You’ll want to bring a suit that’s comfortable and doesn’t require frequent adjustments. Choose a swimsuit or pair of trunks that allow freedom of movement with a snug fit.
- Swim cap – Swim caps are required: if your hair is dry or color treated, a swim cap will help protect your hair from chlorine, and if you have long hair, it will also keep it out of your face and help prevent tangles.
- Goggles – While not necessary for swimming classes, many adults like to wear goggles to protect their eyes from chlorine in the pool. Goggles can also make it feel more comfortable when putting your face in the water, which can be a new experience for many of our students. A good pair should fit your face well without any gaps that could let in water.
- Pool sandals – Flip-flops and sandals are popular choices for walking on the pool deck and in the locker room. Choose a waterproof pair with a non-skid or rubber sole.
- Toiletries – Be ready to freshen up fast after your swimming class by bringing your essential toiletries, such as shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, and other personal care or beauty products you might need.
Whether you want to build on your current skills, learn water safety and survival techniques, or overcome your fear of the water, adult swimming classes from British Swim School in Livingston and Clifton will help you reach your goals.Ready to get started? Call British Swim School today at (201) 691-7817 to enroll or learn more about our program. Our adult swimming classes are conveniently located for customers in The Oranges, Livingston, Fairfield, Florham Park, Parsippany, Wayne, The Caldwells, Verona, Bloomfield, Montclair, Nutley, Belleville, Paterson, Little Falls, Glen Ridge, Maplewood, Short Hills, Roseland, Pine Brook, Clifton, Passaic and the surrounding areas.