Baby Essentials for Swimming
One of the concerns for parents, when it comes to swim lessons with their infant, is what do they bring? What are the essentials for a swim class? British Swim School will help guide you with the list of necessities!
- Swimsuits!Definitely a Mr. Obvious choice. But, we recommend that you wear your swimsuit underneath your clothing before class so you’re prepared! Baby should also wear swimsuit underneath clothing with diapers.
- TowelsTwo towels are recommended just because getting out of the pool is quite chilly for your baby and you’ll need one for yourself.
- Swim Diapers!That’s right parents, there are reusable swim diapers your bundle of joy can utilize during lessons! We definitely recommend that you use two at once to prevent any accidents!
- Snacks!Now there are usually no eating policies at pools. However, it’s important to emphasize good healthy habits for your child. Have a baby bottle ready in case baby feels hangry before lessons. Try to limit intake right before class though because there are oopsie vomit incidents! If your child is starting to eat some solids, pack some bananas in a Ziploc bag! Try to snack right after class parents!
- Hypoallergenic LotionIt’s important to remember that pools are chlorinated, so you and your baby should apply lotion after class. But why do we recommend hypoallergenic lotion? Allergies are prevalent among children and often times parents find out about allergies when their child reacts to a substance. Hypoallergenic lotion helps soothe any skin irritation, in case of any allergies to chlorine from either parent or child.
British Swim School Lake County offers premium swimming lessons for babies, kids and adults, starting from three months. We proudly serve the communities of Antioch, Beach Park, Buffalo Grove, Bulow, Chicago, Deerfield, Fox Lake, Grayslake, Great Lakes, Green Oaks, Gurnee, Hainesville, Higland Park, Highwood, Ingleside, Lake Bluff, Lake Forest, Lakemoor, Lake Villa, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Lindenhurst, Long Grove, Mchenry, Mettawa, Mundelein, Northbrook, North Chicago, North Lake Beach, Park City, Riverwoods, Round Lake, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights, Round Lake Park, Spring Grove, Vernon Hills, Volo, Wadsworth, Wauconda, Waukegan, Wheeling, Zion. Call 773-661-4004 to enroll, or find a class online.