May is Water Safety Month
Summer is around the corner, which means it’s time to dive into all of the water activities that summer offers. Pools and beaches are getting ready to open, attracting crowds around the water. British Swim School wants to ensure your family’s safety around the water.
We will be celebrating water safety month with our educational activities. One includes having our swimmers swim in their clothes. What is the point of this you may ask? Safety.
- Anyone who accidentally falls into a pool may not be dressed for it.
- Learning to navigate the water while fully clothed.
- Understanding the weight of their clothes underwater and how their body moves in them brings a new level of appreciation and skill.
In the summer, swimming is the most popular activity. Ensure your child’s safety by enrolling them in our age-appropriate swim lessons. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when your child is around water.
Water Safety Tips
- Teach children water safety and swimming skills as early as possible.
- Appoint a designated Water Watcher to monitor children during social gatherings at or near pools.
- Don’t use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision.
- Never assume someone else is watching a child in a pool area.