Types of Swim Lessons at British Swim School Downtown Chicago
Many parents make the mistake of waiting until their child is four or five to enroll them in swim class. But as Chicago, IL’s favorite place for swim lessons, we know that getting your kids swimming early can offer loads of benefits. They’ll learn water survival techniques and safety in the pool from a young age, offering you peace of mind. Beyond that, it’s a great form of exercise and fun for children of all ages, even the littlest.
Here’s a look at just some of the swim lessons offered at British Swim School Downtown Chicago – and the ages they’re geared for:
- Tadpole for children ages three to 36 months: This is a gentle first introduction to the pool for the smallest swimmers. It includes plenty of play, splashing, and exploration.
- Swimboree for children ages three to 36 months: Children begin to learn water survival skills, while still keeping the focus on fun and games. These swim lessons at British Swim School Downtown Chicago also include one-on-one time with the instructor.
- Seahorse for children ages 18 to 36 months: During this class, instructors work with each student individually, emphasizing water survival, while parents participate from the pool deck.
- Starfish for children ages three and up: This class focuses on building confidence, awareness and independence in the pool, as well as teaches how to respond to different challenging situations.
- Minnow for children ages three and up: British Swim School Downtown Chicago has Minnow swim lessons that offer a small group setting for kids to learn water survival techniques, while still having fun.
- Turtle 1 and 2 for children ages three and up: The Turtle classes introduce the building blocks for proper Freestyle, Backstroke, and Breaststroke, as well as help students improve their technique.
- Shark 1 and 2 for children ages three and up: Students in our Shark lessons perfect stroke technique and prepare for future swim team participation.
- Barracudas Swim Team: Our instructor-led swim league emphasizes team-building and competition, and also enables swimmers to improve their individual skills.
- Adult Beginner: British Swim School of Chicago runs these goal driven courses in a semi-private manner with 2 students to 1 instructor. Our adaptive aquatics program is designed to help you reach your goals.
- Special Abilities Programs: Identifying that each student will have different ques and place differently on the spectrum, our instructors will either place your student in a private or group lesson and help them become water safe and swimming experts at their own pace.
Enroll in Swim Lessons at British Swim School Downtown Chicago
At British Swim School Downtown Chicago, parents consistently choose us for swim lessons for their kids for a variety of reasons. Our swim program is year-around, with many different class times to fit into your schedule. Plus, our pool is always heated and lessons are taught by energetic and experienced instructors. Your child will also get plenty of one-on-one time thanks to small class sizes.
Ready to learn more? Call us today at 708-613-5179. Beyond Downtown Chicago, IL, our swim lessons are available to families in Skokie, West Loop, East Loop, Evanston, Hyde Park, Gold Coast, Lakeshore East, East Lakeview, Lincolnwood, North Shore Chicago, Ravenswood, West Loop, and the surrounding areas.
British Swim School Chicago offers premium water survival and swimming lessons for infants, toddlers, children and adults, starting at just 3 months old. We proudly serve the Chicago and North Shore communities of Hyde Park, Bronzeville, Bridgeport, Chinatown, the Loop, East Loop, West Loop, River North, Streeterville, Gold Coast, Uptown, Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Ravenswood, East Lakeview, Lakeshore East, Lincolnwood, Skokie, Niles, Evanston, Wilmette, Glenview and Morton Grove . Call (708) 613-5179 to enroll or you can also register for swimming lessons at www.BSSChicago.com.