While swim lessons are on every parent’s mind in summer, there are several smart reasons for taking them now during the winter season:
- SAFETY: When learning to swim during the winter, children can be water-safe as soon as pool season opens. Learning how to swim takes time. If you start lessons in spring, your child might not be safe during most of the summer – and drowning is still the leading cause of accidental death for children!
- PREVENTION OF COLDS: Swimming during winter has been shown to strengthen a child’s body and the immune system, which helps decrease the number of times a child is sick – contrary to popular belief. Ask your pediatrician! Swimming is also one of the best exercises, and with outdoor season over, your child still gets all the health benefits from staying active.
- A BETTER DEAL: Less crowded classes means more value for money. Especially in small-ratio classes, your child will get much more attention from the instructors, compared to when classes are completely full during the busy summer. This can lead to much quicker process. Some swim schools even have empty classes now in which you can enroll. Ask for those – your child might get a private class without you paying the higher price for it!
- CONVENIENCE: Better availability of your preferred time. As it is less crowded during winter, you are more likely to skip the waitlist and easily get into even the most popular time slots that fit your busy schedule – on weekend mornings and after 5pm weekdays.
- PREVENTION OF A YEAR-ROUND RISK: Drownings don’t just happen in the summer. Water is everywhere! Water-parks e.g. are open year-round and can be enjoyed much better when the child is water-safe.
- A WINTER ACTIVITY WITH ADDED BENEFITS: Many parents look for an indoor activity for their child during the winter season – and swim lessons are more than just an activity. They are building skills that last a lifetime, on top of keeping your young ones busy.
- FASTER PROGRESS: As there is less to do during the winter, your student can better focus on swimming. Taking lessons 2x or even 3x per week results in much quicker progress, and you often get a discount.
No matter which reason is most relevant for you, taking swim lessons during winter seems like a really smart idea.
Never forget: According to the CDC, drowning is the leading cause of accidental death for children 1 to 4, so every child needs to learn how to swim!
Sign up today in one of our heated indoor locations in Jersey City, Bayonne, Weehawken and Secaucus! Call (201) 676-3630 or Find A Class online.
British Swim School Hudson Waterfront, serving Jersey City, Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken, Bayonne, Secaucus, North Bergen, Edgewater and the surrounding communities.