If you are looking for a job that is fun, exciting, fast-paced, involves sports, and teaching children new skills, then British Swim School is just what you’re looking for!
Since we started British Swim School has rapidly grown to the premier water survival and learn-to-swim school. Our mission is “To ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer”.
We offer part-time positions with flexible work schedules and hours. While this is not a seasonal position, we encourage and welcome students to apply! We understand school comes first and are more than willing to work around school schedules.
The positions we are currently hiring for are:
Swim Instructors for Babies, Toddlers and Kids Lessons (will train)
- Do you remember the teachers who inspired you? Try to think about what made them so amazing.
- Do you want the opportunity to inspire children while teaching them skills that could save their lives?
- Do you want to be part of an outstanding team and work in a fun, fast-paced environment?
If this sounds like your dream job, then you could be our next Water Safety Super Star!
British Swim School was founded in 1981 and offers Hudson Waterfront’s premier water survival, learn-to-swim and stroke development program. We are looking for fun-loving, reliable individuals who love working with kids and are willing to learn.
NO EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING IS NEEDED.
Why should you apply
- Structured, paid training
- Year-round employment with opportunity to grow
- Paid Birthday Off
- Paid Time Off up to 5 days per year
- Pools accessible with Public Transportation
- Shifts between 3.5 and 5 hours and easy to schedule around school or other jobs
- A FUN atmosphere and opportunity to leave a legacy in children’s lives
What we need from you
- Love for swimming and working with kids
- Lots of energy and positive attitude
- NO EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING IS NEEDED. We will train you how to teach
- Being able to swim all 4 strokes, and preferably have swim team experience
- Willing to become Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid certified within 3 months of being hired (we will help you with that)
- Eager to join a group who loves seeing growth and progress from their students
British Swim School Hudson Waterfront is growing fast, and we are excited to add to our team! Check us out
Job Type: Part-time
Swim School Deck Ambassadors / Customer Service Representative
Location: Jersey City, NJ | Secaucus, NJ | Bayonne, NJ
If you don’t like people or don’t like kids – then don’t read this posting! We are looking for Lovers of People and Children!
The British Swim School Hudson Waterfront NJ is looking for customer service pros as Deck Ambassadors for several locations in Secaucus, Jersey City and Bayonne.
- Do you just love interacting with people, especially young children and their parents?
- Are you a true people person, maybe even a social butterfly?
- Can you strike up a conversation with just about anyone?
- Do you really hate bad customer service and think you can do a better job than 99% of customer service reps you come across?
- Do you have an outgoing personality?
- Do you care about the safety of children and would love to help saving lives?
- Are you also organized, good at explaining things to others and overall just a nice and friendly person who can keep calm, even under stress?
Yes? – Then we absolutely want to talk to you about a position as a Deck Ambassador!
The British Swim School USA offers premium water-survival and learn-to-swim lessons out of indoor pools at residential buildings, gyms, community centers and hotels. We teach everyone from 3-month-old babies to adults.
We are currently looking to hire part time “Deck Ambassadors” for our new pool locations in Secaucus, Jersey City and Bayonne.
A Deck Ambassador is a true people person who acts as our brand ambassador poolside and interacts with the parents while the kids are in the water getting lessons.
A Deck Ambassador’s key responsibilities, after a thorough training, are:
- Ensure that we provide our superb customer service in every interaction with students and parents – by understanding their concerns and delivering “Wow-Moments”
- Explain the different types of classes and levels that we offer to enrolling parents
- Explain the British Swim School unique teaching method to newly enrolled parents
- Always be approachable and make eye contact with our customers
- Give facility tours to newly enrolled parents
- Get to know our regular customers quickly and greet the parents and children by name and with a smile
- Handle enrollment, scheduling and rescheduling requests and enter them into the computer system
- Check in new arrivals and mark no-shows in the system
- Ensure that all classes begin and end on time
- Conduct small “Happy Birthday” celebrations poolside for each kid who has a birthday during the week
- Conduct poolside move-up celebrations if a child gets promoted to a higher class
- Engage parents in conversations while their children are getting lessons in the pool and assist them with their needs and concerns
- Explain a specific “Topic of the week” to the parents while they kids have lessons
- Be a leader – organize and conduct team meetings (huddles) with our swim instructors before lessons starts
- Be on time and hold other staff members accountable for timeliness and attire
- Firmly but politely make sure that all the safety rules are followed on deck
- Keep the registration table neat, clean and organized
- Make sure everyone leaves the facility happy
Our Deck Ambassadors act as Chief Happiness Officers at the pool
Through this, they play an important role in the experience of our swimming lessons. As an Ambassador, you can make a difference in a crying child or an uncomfortable parent. You are allowed a great opportunity to build an impressionable relationship between our customers and the company.
Sometimes going the extra mile to help your team of swim instructors or help a parent at the pool even makes it a great experience for you.
VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, AND MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS. OUR SHIFT HOURS ARE NORMALLY 8AM-1PM (ESPECIALLY ON WEEKENDS) AND 2PM-8PM. THIS VARIES FROM FACILITY TO FACILITY.
A TYPICAL WEEK CONSISTS OF 2 or 3 AFTERNOONS DURING THE WEEK AND ONE WEEKEND MORNING SHIFT, totaling up to between 18 and 24 hours per week. (There are also opportunities to get more hours.)
Once you are assigned to your shifts, they will remain the same week after week.
We are looking for exceptional people – and for this we pay above average compensation.
If this sounds like a position that you would enjoy and thrive at, then please send us your resume!
Telephone Sales for Swim School Memberships
Location: Jersey City, NJ | Secaucus, NJ | Bayonne, NJ
If you don’t enjoy selling – then don’t read this posting!
British Swim School Hudson Waterfront, NJ is looking for telephone sales / customer service genius with a knack for closing
- Do you enjoy the act of selling, and are you proud of the closing and conversion rates that you are able to achieve?
- Can you speak clearly on the phone?
- Do you know how to convert inbound phone inquiries into enrollments?
- Do you know how to control a conversation and lead through asking questions?
- Do you know how to funnel a conversation to get to a “yes” – or do you want to learn it?
- Are you able to explain class details and requirements over the phone and assign a child to a specific class?
- Have you ever received sales training – or are eager to receive some?
- Do you prefer a performance based component over only a fixed salary?
- Do you know how to close a sale without coming across as pushy?
- Are you aware that being nice is a requirement, but not enough to be successful in sales?
Yes? – Then we absolutely want to talk to you!
- Taking of inbound phone enrollment inquiries (monthly Swim School memberships) from callers who find us through online and offline advertising or our website.
- Leading buyers to close a deal through an informed decision made in an ethical sales environment.
- Retaining customers wishing to drop from the program.
- Strategically capturing additional potential revenue opportunities.
- Following upon referrals and leads.
- Customer Service: Addressing all customer questions and concerns in a courteous manner
- Entering enrollment information into our computer system during the call, taking credit card and personal information
- In addition: Manage “Chat Support” feature of British Swim School website
- In addition: Review and respond to email inquiries
This position focuses on inbound calls – outbound calls or cold calling are the exception.
This can be a part-time of a full-time position – depending on your schedule.
Hours are flexible. Let us know when and how much you can work.
The position is based on an hourly fixed base salary with commissions for enrollments made, drops prevented and conversion rates achieved.
Are you a closer? Then what are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
Event Promotion Team Member
If you don’t like people or don’t like kids – then don’t read this posting!
Are you an outgoing Lover of People and Children, looking to work for a meaningful company with HEART that is focused on SAVING LIVES?
We are looking for more awesome people to join our already amazing team, and help us promote our swimming lessons at events.
- Are you an outgoing social butterfly who loves to interact with people?
- Do you like engaging strangers in conversations?
- Do you love kids and handing out high-fives to them?
- Are you always full of energy?!?!
- If this sounds like you, then you are the one we are looking for as a new member of our On-Call Event Promotion / Marketing Team.
British Swim School is Hudson Waterfront’s premier swim school. To promote our business, we have booths at lots of community events like street festivals, block parties, Grove on Grove and other events across Hudson County.
What will you be doing:
- Hand out flyers at events and interact with parents
- Explain our swim program to parents (we’ll train you…)
- Conduct little games and raffles during events
- Show parents how fun we are interacting with kids
- Outside of events: Distribute flyers, e.g. to local businesses and residential buildings
Why you should apply:
- Our fun work environment and relaxed corporate culture
- A job with meaning: Help us prevent kids from drowning!
- Flexible hours
- $12/hour pay
What you should bring to the table:
- Your awesome personality
- Ability to work on-call with a few days notice
- Availability to travel to events across Hudson County (e.g Secaucus, Edgewater, Bayonne)
- Knowledge of towns and locations in Hudson County, ideally Jersey City resident
- Availability to work on most weekends during the summer (most events end around 5pm)
- Availability to work evenings during the week
- Willingness to learn about our swim program
- Having a car is not required but a big bonus
This is a 1099 contractor position.