With Lake Ontario and Port Credit close by, parents in the Mississauga area know that water safety needs to be a priority year round. At British Swim School Greater Toronto, we’re committed to providing our students with life-saving water safety and survival instruction in every session. Our swim lessons run year round and are open to kids and adults throughout the Greater Toronto area, including Mississauga, Meadowvale, Brampton, Churchville, Lakeview, and the surrounding areas.
5 Water Safety Tips Every Parent Should Know
Whether your child is currently enrolled in swim lessons with British Swim School Greater Toronto, or you’re thinking about enrolling in a swim program in the Mississauga area, here are five water safety tips every family should know:
- A child can drown quietly in a matter of seconds, so it’s crucial that you always give children your undivided attention when they are in or near water.
- Be prepared for an emergency. Learn CPR and first aid and know the signs of drowning and secondary drowning. Always have a charged phone with you, and know your location and address in case you need to call 911.
- Teach children basic water safety rules and lead by example:
- No diving in shallow water
- Never push another child into the water
- Never dunk another child
- No running near the water
- Never swim alone
- Child-proof your backyard pool by installing a four-sided safety fence and pool alarm and be alert when visiting neighbors and friends, ask if they have a pool, so you are aware of any water risks.
- Enroll your child in swim lessons in the Mississauga area that teach water safety and survival.
Swim Lessons With a Focus on Safety in Mississauga
At British Swim School Greater Toronto, our program integrates water safety instruction into each swim lesson in a fun and engaging environment that Mississauga area kids love. From the very first class, students learn and start practicing water safety and survival skills they can use throughout their lives, including how to float on their backs, swim-flip-swim to safety, and how to handle emergencies.
Swim lessons from British Swim School Greater Toronto are taught in small groups in warm water indoor pools conveniently located throughout the Mississauga area and run year round, even through the snowy winter months. And to ensure that every student can learn at their own pace, we use perpetual enrollments. When students master the skills of their current level, they automatically advance instead of waiting for a new session to begin.
Ready to get started? Call British Swim School Greater Toronto today at (289) 569-1444 for more information or to enroll. Our swim lessons are available throughout the Greater Toronto area, including Mississauga, Meadowvale, Brampton, Churchville, Lakeview, and the surrounding Ontario, CA communities.