Swimming lessons in Alta Dena are important for people of all ages, especially young children. According to the National Drowning Prevention Alliance, learning to swim can reduce the risk of drowning by 88% for 1–4-year-olds who take formal swim lessons. Similarly, learning to swim is also beneficial for older children and adults.
However, many parents wonder when to start swimming lessons and what to look for in a learn-to-swim program. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends swimming lessons as a layer of drowning prevention starting at age 1. But it’s never too early to get children comfortable in the water. Many swim schools offer parent-assisted classes for infants to introduce the water and build confidence.
No matter where you plan to get started, there should be a curriculum and a path for progression. Proper swimming techniques require a series of skills to be learned. There should be a consistent process to assess your child’s abilities and move them from one skill to the next.
If you’re feeling ready, don’t wait. Swimming is an essential, fun, and rewarding activity for people of all ages and abilities!
About Our Swimming Lessons in Alta Dena
At British Swim School, we offer a range of swimming lessons for people of all ages and abilities—from gentle water acclimation classes to advanced stroke development lessons. Our confidence-building curriculum helps timid swimmers build confidence as they develop safe habits and master the main swimming strokes. All our class sizes are small, guaranteeing that each child will receive the focused attention of their instructor throughout the lesson.
Our program has three levels and improves safety every step of the way. If it’s their first time in a program, we begin by building a swimmer’s confidence in a gentle and supportive environment. Then, they are introduced to foundational safety and swimming skills. And finally, swimmers continue to practice the safety skills taught at previous levels while learning the four competitive swimming strokes.
Why choose British Swim School for swimming lessons in Alta Dena?
- Survival-First Approach—Every swimming lesson emphasizes water survival skills. Why? Swimmers need to know how to survive in the water before progressing to stroke techniques.
- Goal-Oriented Program—Each class contains five clearly defined goals to achieve before advancing to the next level. Setting goals provides structure and gives students multiple opportunities for achievement.
- Individual Attention—Our program takes an individualized approach to learning, meaning students can advance as soon as they’ve mastered the required skills. This approach blends the benefits of group and private lessons.
- Small Class Sizes—Our small class sizes allow the instructors to provide personalized attention in a group setting. A true win-win!
- Year-Round Enrollment—Lessons take place in year-round, indoor locations, so students can join any time and get started right away.
Learn Safety and Swimming Skills in Alta Dena
Ready to enroll in swimming lessons and start learning? We offer group and private lessons for swimmers of all abilities and ages. Browse our website to find a pool that’s conveniently located near you, view class availability, and enroll online! And for those that prefer to speak with someone local, our customer service team is happy to answer questions or assist you with the enrollment process. Contact us now!
We welcome families from Burbank, Glendale, La Canada Flintridge, Los Angeles, Montrose, North Hollywood, Pasadena, South Pasadena, Studio City, Universal City, and the surrounding communities.
Hear From Our Parents and Students
My girls have fun and feel safe
"British Swim School is a place where not only do the kids learn to swim but they have fun and feel safe. The instructor is nurturing, patient, and very skilled. My girls are actually learning and, most importantly, they are enjoying the experience. Highly recommend!" Daelyn B.