‘Tis the Season to Share Water Safety and Fun!
As parents rack their brains for practical yet exciting presents this holiday season, British Swim School encourages a unique gift: a love and respect for water. Regardless of your climate, water safety is an important thing to consider for kids of all ages. At British Swim School, babies as young as three months old can learn to back float, considered the most important water survival skill. The back float enables swimmers to rest, breathe and call for help, alleviating the “silent” danger of floating face down.
“I am a strong believer that swimming is truly a gift and there are many ways to instill a love for water all year ‘round,” said Rita Goldberg, Founder and CEO of British Swim School. “These fun ideas are just tips to pique the interest of young swimmers. It is our mission to save lives by teaching kids everywhere how to safely enjoy the water.”
Here are five swimming-related gift ideas that are sure to make a splash:
- A hand-written voucher or gift certificate* for swimming lessons. A perfect stocking stuffer, this fun note can be packaged with a new swimsuit or swim shoes to get your little one excited to dive in!
- New towels. Colorful, big and soft, everyone loves a new towel to take to the pool or beach. Some stores and websites even allow personalization to make it extra special!
- An appropriately sized swim bag. With towels, snacks, water and more, a swim bag is a must! Pick one with a fun pattern to make sure your little swimmers are eager to carry it themselves.
- A waterproof watch is a must for people who spend a lot of time around the water. Whether inexpensive or fancy, there are a wide variety of choices for those who want to time themselves or set a timer for lunch.
- Flip-flops. What says pool time more than flip-flops? An inexpensive essential for wet feet, everyone loves to have a variety of colors and styles.
*To find a British Swim School near you or your loved ones, visit https://britishswimschool.com/find-your-pool/. Once found, ask about gift certificates!