Swimming classes for kids in Chicago teach critical skills that children will use for their entire lives! The biggest benefit of learning to swim is safety, but swimming classes can also promote fun and social confidence. Additionally, swimming classes can help to teach children how to behave safely around the water, whether at the pool or outside of lessons. Safety experts encourage parents to enroll their children in swimming classes but before you sign up, do some research to ensure classes teach survival skills and are sized to prevent overcrowding!
About our Swimming Classes for Kids in Chicago
British Swim School of Downtown Chicago offers a variety of swimming classes for kids of all ages and experience levels. We teach infants as young as 3 months old through adults! Our safety-focused program teaches water survival first before moving on to more advanced stroke development techniques. Here’s a brief overview of our classes:
- Tadpole: Offered to children 3 – 36 months, our parent-assisted Tadpole program introduces new swimmers to the water for the very first time!
- Swimboree: Offered to children 3 – 36 months, our Swimboree program builds on the skills taught in Tadpole classes and introduces beginner water survival skills through a structured program of songs, games, and fun!
- Seahorse: Offered to children 18 – 36 months, our Seahorse program introduces advanced water survival skills, following the same structure as the Swimboree and Tadpole classes!
- Starfish: Offered to children 3+ years, our Starfish program is geared toward water acclimation and aims to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Minnow: Offered to children 3+ years, our Minnow program introduces beginner water survival skills in a small group setting that focuses on fun, safety, and independence in the water!
- Turtle: Offered to children 3+ years, our Turtle 1 and Turtle 2 programs introduce advanced water survival skills and begin teaching stroke techniques!
- Shark: Offered to children 3+, our Shark 1 and Shark 2 programs allow swimmers to perfect their techniques and prepare them for swim team!
Interested to learn more? Visit our programs page. Otherwise, find a nearby pool and answer a few simple questions within our class assignment wizards to determine the best class for your future swimmer!
What Our Customers Say About Us!
“My son just started taking swimming classes here and every time, he can’t wait to come back!”
— Avi M., Chicago
Find Swimming Classes for Kids in Chicago
Ready to enroll in one of our swimming classes for kids? We offer year-round enrollment at conveniently located and warm indoor pools, so you can get started right away! Contact us today or find the pool nearest you, view class availability and enroll online!
We welcome families from the following areas:
- Chicago Loop
- Hyde Park
- Rogers Park
- And the surrounding communities!
We’d Love to Hear from You
British Swim School of Downtown Chicago
Call: (708) 613-5179