Welcome to British Swim School
at Cecil B. Day Fitness Center
Conveniently located in the heart of Dunwoody, we offer classes in the heated, saltwater pool of the Cecil B. Day Sports & Fitness Center. Heated to 85 degrees, this 6-lane junior Olympic pool is the perfect temperature and size for our full range of classes, from parent-assisted classes with babies (we start as young as 3 months old) to toddlers and older children. We even have an ADULT program designed specifically for the unique learn-to-swim needs of adults!
Ready to enroll online? Online enrollment is easy, simply scroll down to complete the online enrollment.
Do you have questions and would like to talk to someone local? Our friendly group of experts is happy to help! Call us 770-212-2292. Or email us at GoSwimATL@britishswimschool.com and we’ll get back to you quickly!
What’s so special about British Swim School? Here’s what sets us apart:
- SAFETY is our top priority. We teach our students critical SURVIVAL SKILLS that will help keep them safe in the event of an accident. Drowning is the number one cause of death for children 1-4 years old (above car accidents!), but lessons can reduce that risk by up to 88%.
- British Swim School lessons are GOAL-ORIENTED and are designed to allow students to advance individually AT THEIR OWN PACE. Master your 5 goals, and you will graduate to the next level.
- Our instructors are HIGHLY TRAINED in our unique, comprehensive programs. And we don’t hire high school swimmers to teach your children. We hire talented adults who understand that being a great instructor takes more than just knowing the strokes, it takes building a real connection with every student and adapting to meet their individual needs.
- We teach WITHOUT FLOATIES, because they give children a false sense of safety and do not prepare them for real-life emergencies. We only use them for playtime, never for skill development.
- Students learn better in SMALL GROUPS: that’s why British Swim School’s survival classes are limited to 4 students. Students get the benefit of watching each other while giving our instructors the flexibility to focus on each student’s individual needs.
- Our water-survival lessons work for students of ALL AGES. We start as early as 3 months to make sure your little one is ready before they can crawl or walk to the pool. But it is never too late for older children or adults to learn the skills that will give them confidence around the water.
- Our COHESIVE PROGRAM builds on itself at every level. The survival skills we teach our youngest beginners become the foundation for proper swimming form and technique as they advance, with no wasted skills such as doggy paddle or bobbing that must be untaught later.
- We are the only school that runs SURVIVAL WEEK several times per year. During survival week, we teach children in their clothes because real-life accidents often happen when children aren’t expected to be in the pool. It’s important that they know what that feels like in case an accident happens. During Survival Week, we also teach practical, age-appropriate lessons about what children can do in a water emergency.
- We offer FLEXIBLE MAKEUPS in real classes because we know that life happens. We want to make sure that your child continues to make progress even if you can’t attend your regular class.
- No one has more expertise. British Swim School lessons are based on 40 YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE. We have taught hundreds of thousands of students and currently teach more than 17,000 lessons per week nationwide – and we have seen it all. Every child is different, and our program is purposely designed to help any student no matter the age or ability.