Franchisee in Focus: Stuart Gelbord
Each month, we focus on a franchisee of British Swim School. With nearly 90 pools nationwide, there are plenty of stories to share from the sea of talent we have working with us.
Stuart Gelbord located in the Philadelphia suburbs, which includes Central and Lower Bucks County as well as Eastern Montgomery County, has been in the swim school business just over six months. But with 35 years in the food industry, he definitely learned these valuable words to live by: The answer to a question not asked is always NO!
We asked Stuart Gelbord these five questions:
- Why did you become a franchise business owner? I loved the business model and after visiting Bonnie in MD I fell in love with the kids and the program.
- What is your history with swimming? While I never taught a swim lesson in my life, I have been a lap swimmer for the past 25 years…..1 – 2 miles per week. Unfortunately, this business makes it more difficult to get to the pool. Quite a paradox.
- What is one goal for 2016? To be in business in 2017. Actually my plan is to open our third location this Spring. We are targeting 200 students by the end of the year.
- What is your favorite get-swimming song? Actually don’t have one but I must admit that “Wheels on the Bus” is growing on me.
- What is one thing we’d be surprised to learn about you? I have had the opportunity to wear the uniforms of the two finest armies in the world….USA and IDF.
Want to know more? Watch this great video:
British Swim School locations in Philadelphia: